Avenue of the Arts
Explore the revitalized theatre district during your stay, nicknamed the Avenue of the Arts. Made up of some of the largest performing arts centers in the city, you'll find music, theatre, and a museum all dedicated to the arts. Anchored by the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts, the Avenue of Arts comprises of a vast number of other theatres and centers, in addition to galleries, restaurants, and shopping.
The avenue spans about 10 city blocks, beginning on Chestnut Street with the Prince Music Theater, and culminating south on Broad at Carpenter Street, the Philadelphia High School for Creative and Performing Arts. Additionally, it is easily accessible walking or using public transportation, with the Orange line traveling the full distance of the locations.
Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center is a couple of blocks away from the north end of the Avenue of Arts, making it simple to visit all the highlights. Be sure and leave time during your stay at the hotel to visit this famed street.
Locations included on the Avenue of the Arts:
- Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts: Film, live performances including music and comedy
- Academy of Music: Opera, live music, Broadway, ballet
- Merriam Theater: Live music, comedy shows, Broadway
- Philadelphia Academy of Fine Arts: Museum featuring 19 and 20th century American art
- Suzanne Roberts Theatre: Live theater
- Wilma Theater: Live theater and dance
- Philadelphia High School for Creative and Performing Arts: Variety of live performances
- Prince Music Theater: Classic films, live performances
- University of the Arts: Visual and performing arts
- Clef Club: Live jazz
- Brandywine Workshop: Printmaking
Book your stay today at Four Points Philadelphia City Center.